Copper table on carpet in front of grey corner settee with pillows in spacious blue living room
Pantone Color of the Year 2023
Blue is a favorite color across the spectrum because it is so understated and versatile. Blue can be both conservative and traditional. Blue brings up feelings of calmness and serenity. It invokes peace and tranquility. Because of this, blue is a great color to incorporate into your home décor. Each year Pantone chooses a color of the year, and this year the color is Classic Blue. We are excited to share with you some ideas on how to incorporate this calming color into your home.
1. Blue glass bottles and vases add a pop of color to your bookshelves, fireplace mantle, sofa table, entry table, or end table. Blue glass is easy to find at thrift stores for an eco friendly, inexpensive color update.
2. Throw pillows are an easy way to bring color into a room. You can find these at discount stores at a great price. Changing out throw pillows is one of the easiest ways to change the mood of a room.
3. Picture frames are the perfect way to showcase your favorite photos, quotes, and art. They add dimension and layers to your space. Find a few fun frames at a thrift store and spray paint them blue!
4. The furniture in your room can really make a statement. A blue couch or chair helps to set a calming effect in any room.
5. A rug may be considered an accessory, but it can become a focal point of any room with a beautiful blue color. A rug should be the anchor of the room and should set the color scheme.
6. Beautifully designed pieces like this Horizon 2-in-1 Classic Fragrance Warmer help to keep the blue theme going in your room. This warmer is reminiscent of a seaside view as its reactive glaze fades from blue to white.
7. Did you know that books are one of the most widely used props for styling and adding color to a room? Go on a hunt to find blue books and make a cluster of them on your bookshelves or end tables.
8. An accent wall is a great way to have a little fun with color in your home. Paint one wall in your room blue and you’ve added depth and interest to a traditional space.
9. A throw blanket is an easy way to add color and texture to any room. They are also an inexpensive way to freshen up any space.
Post time: Dec-05-2022